The MIA is pleased to offer a marina study tour on beautiful Sydney Harbour followed by a visit to the world famous Sydney International Boat Show.
• Day 1 & 2 (1-2 August 2012): Visit 8 world class marinas on beautiful Sydney Harbour and scenic Pittwater in the north of Sydney in a water taxi. After touring these facilities and being shown around by an insightful marina expert, participate in a SWOT analysis of each marina.
• Day 3 (3 August 2012): Networking breakfast at the world famous Sydney International Boat Show with key people from the Australian Marina and Boating Industry. Spend the rest of the day enjoying the Sydney International Boat Show.
• Spend two days seeing Sydney’s beautiful waterways.
• Learn about world best practises in marina operations from Australian experts.
• Attend Australia’s largest Boat Show.
• Network with other marina operators in the Asia Pacific Region.
•AUD$980 per person
• Transport from Darling Harbour to each marina and back on Day 1 & 2
• Lunch and Afternoon Tea on day 1 & 2
• Dinner on Day 1
• Marina Tour Booklet
• Breakfast and admission to Sydney International Boat Show on Day 3
Not Included: accommodation, air fares and airport pickup
Registration closes 15 June 2012!
Contact the MIA Industry Education Officer
Email: email@example.com or Tel. + 61 2 8197 4753
|Marinas and Boat Yards on Sydney Harbour|
Sydney City Marine
|Rose Bay Marina
-5 Star customised/personalised exclusive Boutique Marina
• 49 berths, 70 swing moorings
• 20-30 metre berths only
• Personalised cleats and pedestals
• Sleek, personalised 5 star design
• 5 star Restaurant
• Good example for Marina Development
• Unique from any other marina in Australia
• Bellingham’s Marina
|Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
-Australia’s premier yacht club and home to the Rolex Sydney Hobart yacht Race.
• 204 berths and hardstand for up to 20 Etchells and J24’s.
• Alfresco dining on the deck and in the restaurant.
• 2500 members
• Established 1944 and Australia’s leading exponent of ocean racing and sea safety.
|Birkenhead Point Marina
-Largest Private Marina on Sydney Harbour
• 187 berths & 54 kayak storage and launch facility.
• Premium brand Outlet Centre attached to Marina with 150 retail shops & a Coles supermarket
• Cafes and restaurants.
• Development Application to extend marina including berths for 45m super yachts.
|Marinas on Pittwater|
|Empire Marina - Bobbin Head
-Leading Australian marina in a beautiful National Park location
• Australian Marina of the Year 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (Marinas over 140 berths)
• 200 berths, 10 swing moorings
• Site is located in a National Park and leased from the Department of the Environment
• Full Environmental compliance hardstand
• 50 tonne travel lift
• 5 Gold Anchors
• Full service Marina
• Clean Marina Level 3
|d’Albora Akuna Bay
-Marina in a pristine bushland environment
• 175 dry storage and 225 wet berths
• Bellinghams Marina with chains and counterweights to anchor pontoon to seabed
• Rack and Stack Facility built over water
• NSW only operational dry stack accommodating 200 boats up to 7.5 metres in length
• Timber used extensively throughout and has been left in its natural state to weather slowly and so merge with the colours of the bush landscape
• The marina has its own in-house sewerage treatment plant
• 30 tonne Travel Lift facility
• Clean Marina Level 3
|Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
-one of the leading yacht clubs in NSW
• 350 berths
• Hosts many international regattas eg. Sydney to Coffs Harbour
• All trades on site (one stop shop)
• 50 tonne Travel Lift
• Significant Junior Sailing Program
• Two large hard stands for Etchells
|Royal Motor Yacht Club Broken Bay
-one of Australian’s leading boating clubs
• 220 berths, 49 swing moorings
• 300 m floating attenuator
• Club Marina of the year 2011
• Marinas from two manufacturers: Bellingham, Pacific Pontoon & Pier
• Two fuel wharves & two sewer pump outs
• 8 active boating divisions
• 3 wet slipways