The Marina Industries Association (MIA) is proud to announce its second international study tour to one of greatest boating capitals of the world, Florida, USA. This 4 day tour visits 17 of the most innovative and diverse marinas in Florida.
Jeff d’Albora, Director, Dalcorp PL and Owner, Soldiers Point Marina NSW.
“Visiting the marinas selected and talking to senior management will provide valuable insights and ideas for improving my marina. I have done many marina study tours over the years and am always surprised by the added value of networking with fellow senior industry participants. I personally know and respect Jim Bronstein and having him as our expert guide will be an additional bonus.
Andrew Chapman, Chairman of MIA, CEO & Chairman of Gulf Marina Management
This tour is an absolute must for those operators who are committed to innovation and best practise in marina operation.
• Day 0 (6 Nov): Check into hotel.
• Day 1 (7 Nov): Depart hotel in Fort Lauderdale by bus for a 45 minute drive to Miami, the tourist capital of Florida, to four two world class marinas and boatyards. Learn from the latest innovations in marina infrastructure and management straight from the marina manager.
• Day 2 (8 Nov ): Spend one day visiting five fantastic facilities on the coastal waters of Ft. Lauderdale.
• Day 3 (9 Nov): Head up north to Palm Beach to visit state-of-art and luxurious marinas, boatyards and drystack facilities with a great range of infrastructure.
• Day 4 (10 Nov): Spend the final morning visiting some of the world's best boatyards on the internal canals of Fort Lauderdale on the Marina Mile.
Pre-tour activity (not included in tour cost)
The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, one of the largest boat shows in the U.S, is held from 2 to 6 November 2017. Fly in to enjoy the boat show before joining our tour.
|Marinas and Boatyards in Miami|
|Miami Beach Marina
• located 2 minutes from the ocean and 8 minutes from Downtown Miami
• state-of-the-art facilities combine 400 wet berths with dry stand area accommodating vessels up to 76m in length
• unique boat lifts
• floating docks for smaller vessels, in-berth pump-out capability, fuel dock and swimming pool.
• amenities include two restaurants, a market and a chandlery
• full-service shipyard dedicated to the refit and repair of the world’s finest yachts and vessels
• work is of the highest international standards and meets Classification Societies requirements, including ABS, Lloyds, and US Coast Guard Regulations
• enclosed full services working berths up to 73m, dockside working births up 76m
• 500T elevator platform, 500T railway lift, 70T straddle carrier and 2 cranes
• great diversity of repair work, either done in-house or by contractors
• large city owned marina undergoing major renovations
• great diversity of facilities and infrastructure: wet berths, dry stack, jet ski storage, swing moorings and boatyard
• large service centre with many onsite tenants
• 200 berths and a large 300 drystack with capacity for vessels up to 15.24m
• interesting history
|Dinner Key Marina
• 582 berths, Florida's largest wet berth marina, located in historic Coconut Grove
• part of Miami municipal marinas
• 225 vessel moorings constructed of high quality helix anchors coupled with Helmken "StormSoft" upline/buoy systems designed to safely accommodate vessels up to 12.2m
• good example of liveaboard management due to large numbers
|Marinas and Boatyards in Fort Lauderdale|
|Pier 66 Marina
• iconic marina and one of the sites for the Fort Lauderdale Boatshow
• recently renovated
• 127 berths with comprehensive megayacht facilities
• attached to 5 star Hyatt Regency Hotel with 5 restaurants and 4 bars
• one of the region’s oldest family owned and operated marinas established in 1948
• full service marina featuring 70 wet berths, huge 111m fuel dock, large boat dealership and extensive service and parts department
• award winning Fifteenth Street Fisheries waterfront restaurant
• high Quality Boatyard with over 35 years’ experience in marine craft construction and repair. Opened in 1967
• covers over 7 hectares
• caters mainly to power and sailing yachts and acts as a pole of attraction in the busy Florida waters for a large fleet of cruising and racing yachts in need of repairs, or major refits.
• 3716sqm of out-of-water shed space, 26 covered berths, 23 uncovered and 46 storage garages
• 900 ton & 200 ton Cimolai® mobile boat hoists & 35 ton Terex® mobile hydraulic crane
• Many onsite tenants
|Habour Towne Marina
• famous for its diverse range of infrastructure and services: berths, drystack and maintenance yard with over 20 specialised tenants.
• 154 berths with a fixed dock system, 613 drystack storage spaces for boats up to 15m, 38 full time staff
• awarded “Marina of the Year” by Marina Dock Age Magazine in recognition of consistent customer satisfaction, environmental responsibility, and the cooperative efforts of the staff, community, and marine industry.
• some of Florida's largest yacht brokers onsite.
|Roscioli Yachting Center
• successful family owned yacht building and service center with over 40 years of history
• large 5.7 hectare facility located in a safe harbour
• features a 250-ton elevator and a 150-ton Marine Travelift as well as dedicated paint/spray booths and bays
• large range of in-house repair departments
• captains lounge & gym as well as meeting room
|Bradford Marine Fort Lauderdale
• high quality boatyard established in 1966 with a large sister yard in the Bahamas
• 3000 linear metres of dockage with large 55m long undercover berths having a 14m vertical clearance
• 300T Synchrolift marine elevator
• experienced professional team in place, including on-staff naval architects and marine engineering support
• specialises in painting and refinishing, lift and haul-out, mechanical repair, welding and metal repair, fiberglass repair/fabrication, carpentry shop, hydraulics, air conditioning and electrical, engine service, purchasing and naval architecture.
|Yacht Management South Florida
• high quality boatyard with many trades onsite and a 80T straddle carrier
• concierge and deck hand service
• can repair nearly all boat types and builder brands from around the world
• Yacht Management mobile marine service available if a boat cannot get to the service centre
|Marina Bay Marina
• interesting docking systems in a 168 berth marina resort
• features a Captain’s Lounge with TVs, private theatre, business center and conference rooms
• guests of the marina have full access to resort amenities, including swimming pool, tennis courts, racquetball courts, fitness center with state-of-the-art gym, sauna, Euro-style Spa and much more
|Marina Mile Yachting Center
• full-service Ft Lauderdale Boatyard spreading over 2.4 hectares with wet berths and dry dock
• extensive network of top marine industry contractors and marine professionals
• repair/or boat storage for vessels up to 45m, can be undertaken and where flexibility and access is key
|Lauderdale Marine Center
• Florida’s largest yacht facility — a premier, all-inclusive, 20+ hectare complex with huge outside area
• can accommodate vessels of all sizes, over 488m of riverfront dockage, 110 berths, and all the necessary resources to repair, refit, or refurbish
• over 64 onsite tenants/contractors and a spacious office complex
• 75, 100 & 330T Travelift and 19 covered service sheds
|Marina and Boatyards in Palm Beach|
|Palm Harbor Marina
• world class luxury yacht club with an emphasis on top service
• wet berths up to 76m made by Marinetek
• luxurious private clubhouse for guests with a fully-equipped lounge, fitness centre, business centre, gaming room, shower and restroom facilities
• features an Epicurean Centre offering wines, beer, soft drinks, gourmet foods, snacks, sundries and Palm Harbor Marina clothing. Users can also cook on the onsite Barbeque and use the picnic area
• gigantic superyacht marina and refit facility specialising in the refit and repair of super yachts up to 100 metres
• 70 berth marina using a Bellingham system with 70 staff on-site
• has one of the most experienced management teams in the United States and some of the most talented trade staff
• 2 straddle carriers and a dry dock for servicing huge boats up to 3000T
• offers services tailored to superyachts such as a guest services manager and superyacht crew campus
|Riviera Beach Marina
• 89 wet berth municipal owned marina
• special dinghy dock
• restaurant, convenience store and laundry facilities
|New Port Cove Marine Center
• state-of-the-art new dry stack storage system accommodating 300 vessels up to 12m in length
• same owner ast Old Port Cove Marina
• enhanced by a wet berth marina comprising 43 berths for vessels up to 24m
•facilities include marine store, concierge services, laundry, shower facilities, state-of-the-art gas and diesel floating fuel docks with high-speed pumps, on-site repairs
|Old Port Cove Marina
• first established marina in an owner operated group in 1973
• premium 5 star rated resort style marina, featuring beautiful state-of-the-art hard wood-decked floating docks designed by TechnoMarine in lushly landscaped uplands
• accommodates vessels up to 61m
•offers a full range of services and facilities including 24-hour gated security, on site restaurant, supply store, concierge, yacht maintenance, gym, captain's lounge, laundry and Complimentary shuttle
• State of Florida designated Clean Marina since 2000
NB: marinas to be visited are subject to change and final confirmation
Jim Bronstien, a 30 year Marine Industry veteran widely known in the US, has been active in numerous marine businesses and industry initiatives during his career. He was the former owner of the huge Rybovich Marina for 21 years which he sold in 2005. He is currently the owner of Marine Business Advisors, a consulting firm specialising in assisting marine oriented businesses. Jim is a frequent speaker in numerous US marine industry functions, including IBEX and IMBC. Over the years, Jim has been very active both in the marine industry in his South Florida home town community where he has served on a number of industry community boards.
NB: tour host is subject to change.
• Network with senior marina managers and owners from Australia/NZ and Asia
• Learn from the most modern, innovative and technologically advanced marinas, dry stack and boatyards in the US
• Expert insights from respected US industry identity
• Bring back ground breaking management techniques to your marina to drive efficiency
• Enjoy experiencing Florida, the US' boating capital
• Soak up the ambiance of Fort Lauderdale: waterways capital of the US
Full Participation Rate
• AUD$3,530 per person (MIA members)
• AUD$4,420 per person (non-MIA members)
• return transport from hotel to all marinas
• breakfast and lunch
• marina tour booklet
• 4 nights' accommodation in Fort Lauderdale
Not included: airfares, airport transfers, dinners.
To register, please email Vijaya Selvaraj : firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information on the participant(s):
1) Full name
2) Date of Birth
4) Mobile Contact Number
5) Company email address
MIA reserves the right to change the schedule and marinas visited depending upon availability.
MIA Courses, Events* and Marina Study Tour Terms and Conditions
MARINA STUDY TOUR
1. The Marina Study Tour is subject to sufficient participant numbers. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if there are insufficient participants. In this event, you will receive a full refund.
2. Your participation is accepted only after receipt of your full participation fee. You will receive a confirmation once you have registered successfully and paid your fee.
3. In the event you are unable to participate following confirmation of participation, 21 days notice must be given to MIA prior to the study tour commencement. Your fee will be refunded less 50% administration fee. No refund will be given for cancellations received within 21 days of the study tour commencement.
*Events include seminars and workshops
For further information please contact Vijaya Selvaraj on 02 8197 4753 or email@example.com